Tuesday 22 December 2015

Hursto's top movies for 2015


Time to look at what I liked and disliked in 2015. Remember, it's all subjective!! Full reviews of many can be found at www.cinephilia.net.au

Anyone wanting a copy of my trusty list of the 160 or so films I've seen, each with a fairly shallow one-line comment, can request it via email at hursto@netspace.net.au
 
In no particular order,  here are my top 10 films for the year:
Simshar
Salt of the Earth
Still Alice
99 Homes
The Salvation
Wild Tales
Sicario
Amy
The Homesman
Mad Max: Fury Road 

And here are some that came really close to the top 10:
Last Cab to Darwin
Love and Mercy
X + Y
Imitation Game
Bridge of Spies

Top performances that really impressed:
Eddie Redmayne (Theory of Everything)
Hugo Weaving (The Dressmaker)
Julieanne More (Still Alice)
Carey Mulligan (Suffragette)
Tom Hardy (Legend)
David Oloweyo (Selma)
Reese Witherspoon (Wild)
Matt Damon (The Martian) 

My most disliked films:
Terminator Genisys
StalkHer
 



 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Sicario, Still Alice, 99 Homes, Wild Tales & Amy. I also had The Martian, Imitation Game, Bridge of Spies, Theory of Everything & The Dressmaker.

    ReplyDelete